za 18 mrt|
School Choice in Amsterdam
Finding the right school for your child can feel overwhelming. In this interactive workshop, we will discuss how to take into account the needs of your child and build a framework for choosing a primary school (basisschool). Join and find support from other families who are also on this journey!
Time & Location
18 mrt 2023 14:00 – 15:30
Amsterdam, Overtoom 301, 1054 HW Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the event
This workshop aims to demystify the school choice process and empower families of young children who are entering primary school. Some of the content is geared towards parents of children ages 2-4 but parents of all ages are welcome. In this workshop, we will discuss the following topics:
- Defining types of public schools available in Amsterdam (Montessori, Vrije etc.)
- Deciding between international, public (Dutch), and bilingual schools
- Assessing your family's values (equity, diversity, etc.)
- Confronting the narrative of “good” schools and “bad” schools
- School tours (questions to ask and tips)
About the presenter: As a parent and educator, Isabel understands the challenges of school choice. She moved to Amsterdam from the US in 2017 when her child was 4 years old. Two weeks after arriving, her child began attending their local basisschool with almost no knowledge of the Dutch language. Isabel has been an educator for 20 years and teaches and consults at international schools in Amsterdam and the surrounding area.
This is a new workshop so the session on the 18th of March will be offered at discounted rates.
School Choice workshopFrom € 15,00 to € 20,00Sold Out
- € 15,00+€ 0,38 service fee
- € 20,00+€ 0,50 service fee
This event is sold out